Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pray For Haiti

To Read the Field Report click HERE.

Children pray.

Horrible destruction.


Mr Peter Bradrick from my church is in Haiti right now. He is part of the RESCUE HAITI'S CHILDREN team founded by Mr. Doug Philip of Vision Forum.


Haiti is one of the poorest and least developed countries in the world. On Jan. 12, a huge earthquake hit Haiti. Since January 23 more than 150,000 people have died and many more are still missing.

Mr. Doug Phillips has put together a team called RESCUE HAITI'S CHILDREN and they are now in Haiti helping the survivors. This paragraph is from Mr. Doug Philips website where he explains his team's mission. He has live reports on his blog.

My mission to Haiti is four-fold: First, I will be establishing one of the only distinctively Christian reporting operations to tell stories of both the present crisis and the work of Christians on behalf of the sick and the widows and the orphans in the midst of Haiti’s present horror. Second, I will be working to facilitate the rescue and delivery of orphans to Christian families in America. Third, I will be identifying specific families that need direct support from the people of God in America. Fourth, my team will be providing specific relief to people in distress.

I can't even imagine the awful destruction and pain in Haiti right now. I think of all the people who have lost their wives, or husbands, and children. Many children are now orphans and many orphans from the orphanages have died or are hurt with no family to comfort them.

I pray that God will have mercy on the children and people of Haiti.

This makes me think about how we are bothered by the little things happen to us and we despair about them. I think about these people, they have no money, food or family to take care of them and love them and almost everyone was very poor before the earthquake. Little things shouldn't bring me down and I should be grateful for everything I have. Pray for the people of Haiti.

No comments: