Thursday, April 1, 2010

Do Not Grow Weary in Well Doing

Here is a summary from my notes from last Sunday’s sermon.
The message was from Galatians 6:1-10. The title of the message was, Do Not Grow Weary In Well Doing. Mr. Horn started by telling us that when you are full of the spirit you walk showing the fruit of the Spirit. Walking in the spirit affects the physical aspects of our life as well as the spiritual aspects of our life. He also mentioned that you cannot have one part of the fruit without the others. Example: You cannot have love and gentleness while you are impatient with your siblings. The fruit of the spirit are actually one fruit!

Here are some questions Mr. Horn asked in his sermon:
Do you love your neighbor?
How do you love your neighbor?
There are two basic ways to know if you love your neighbor:
1. Whenever we see our neighbor doing something wrong, you go to him and explain what he (or she) is doing is wrong. You cannot do this if you have the same problem in your life and God has not helped you to overcome your problem. Also, you should never pride yourself on controlling the problems in your life. It is God’s mercy and grace that allows us to control our problems.
2. You must have a forgiving and loving attitude towards your neighbor.
Of course this is an adult’s responsibility. It could be a child’s responsibility to talk to their friends, but a child’s main responsibility is to honor and obey their parents-“Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise; that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth. Ephesians 6:1-3.

How can I apply this message from the Bible to my life? I can try to honor and obey my parents even more than I do now and not get tired from doing it. I can make an agreement with my sister asking her to come to me kindly when she sees me being impatient with my two little brothers. She can encourage me to be more patient with my younger brothers and some other things in my life too.

No comments: